I need to get fundraising now so I’m just going to have a brainstorm of possible doable ideas here;
- Collection Bucket, stand outside the university café / Tescos / Wilkinsons / Outside halls during nights out / Town centre / Student Union
- Sponsored bike ride
- Make a video of why i’m doing this, the cause, about me, the trek, the charity, how people can help – Post on youtube, the blog and on JustGiving page
- Cake sale
- Rattle the bucket at each flat in halls
Thats it so far, I need some more of your ideas..
Update on donations:
I’ve already raised £152.00
so we’re 5% on the way to the goal of £2850
That’s Great! but I need more to meet the first milestone of £300
Tell your friends about what i’m doing, and send some ideas my way please 🙂
Many opportunities start by surprise and by chance while I was waiting to go into my lecture on Research Quantitative Methods Lecture I happened to see this poster. I took a photo and emailed it to my mum and she told me to go for it!.
I love to travel and see the world taking photographs as I go. I am currently a 2nd year Business Studies student at the University of Portsmouth. I have always wanted to visit South America ever since watching Indiana Jones, Ok I’ll admit they aren’t always realistic but it was always the sense of adventure that appealed to me.
Unfortunately I have targets to raise the money and If I don’t meet or exceed them, I don’t get to go… So Please, any amount will help me to get closer to my goal of £2850 (the Minimum) I would love to exceed this goal though and the money does go to a good cause! The Charity
- I agree to the terms and conditions.
- I agree that I have to fund raise 30% of my fundraising target by 29th March 2013, 20 weeks before the adventure, or I understand my place on the adventure may be withdrawn at the discretion of the charity.
- I agree that I have to fund raise 60% of my fundraising target by 24th May 2013, 12 weeks before the adventure, or I understand my place on the adventure may be withdrawn at the discretion of the charity.
- I agree that I have to fund raise 100% of my fundraising target by 19th July 2013, 4 weeks before the adventure, or I understand my place on the adventure may be withdrawn at the discretion of the charity.
So far I have indeed enrolled on the Inca Trek and attended the first introduction meeting,
– Leave the UK, Fly to Cusco Peru
– Acclimatisation trek to;
Tambo Machay Incaᾼs Bath
Puca Pucara ruins
Qenqo Incredible Incan carvings in-situ
– Hike to Quisuar
– Hike to Huacshuasi + Hot spings
– Patacancha walk over the mountain pass to Mount Veronica
– Pumamarca + Ollantaytambo ruins
– Early start for full day trek at Machu Picchu
– Guided tour of the ruined city
– Clime Huayna Picchu Mountain
– Transfer back to Cusco
– White Water rafting
– Lake Titicaca + Puno
– Home stay with traditional local family at Taquille
– Boat trip to and from Ananatani Island tour
– Free day
– Fly back to the UK